Wednesday 7 January 2015

Want to live in Taj Mahal?

Sick of living at my house, I want to live in Taj Mahal. All of you know that the Taj Mahal is one of the 7 wonders in the world. I consider myself as the 8th wonder of the world. And I just think it will be a great wonder if one wonder, lives inside the other wonder. It will be truly a wonderful thing for the people living in this funny, strange, yet wonderful world.



I know Taj is a white marble mausoleum, and it has a great love story in its roots, but there are quite a few never started love stories in my life as well. Since there won't be a happy or sad ending to my stories, since they never got going at first place, the only way to give them a bit of meaning is to somehow relate myself to the Taj. It was originally built by  Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of her beloved persian wife Mumtaz Mahal, but it will be meaningless, I think, if somehow it is not remembered in future as my ex-living place.

Good thing is that it will be neat and clean already, and hence I can start living straightaway inside it. It is a world heritage site and I think they, the maintenance people, manage such monuments well. Since it is made up of marble there is no need of any whitewash. In fact I can live without painting my new house for the entire life. That is just great.

taj mahal agra
my drawing room, dining room, dressing room,
all inside the taj mahal.


I like watching television. I am thinking where will I keep my TV set inside the building. I know that Mughals were great architect and they must have kept aside some room, or wall, or whatever, where my LED television can be placed. More than where to put it, I am worried about getting it working. Power cuts are major problem at Agra, and I should be thinking about where to put a generator, instead.

I am excited at prospect of working out in charbagh or Mughal garden. Just imagine the early morning breeze fluttering my hair while I am exercising out there! It will be absolutely divine. After physical exercise I will put my feet inside the pool and then lie on a walkway beside it.

Since it will be residence, you guys must be really worried if I will allow you to watch it or not. Don't worry, you can wander in my house's lawns at same times as what are fixed today for outside visitors. Only thing I am considering is the 'full moon day'.  It looks absolutely gorgeous under the moonlight, and I am very much looking to not allow visitors entry to Taj Mahal when moon is complete.

I am not concerned about food. There are plenty of mango trees, and other fruit trees, in surrounding areas, and hence I can make many types of fruit shakes and keep myself fulfilled. Mango shake is my favorite. Agra's street food, especially 'chat' is also very famous. I can always kick start my pollution- free green bike and have a nice plate of chat-papri for myself.

Since I am not the one who would live without doing anything, I have decided that I will wash the whole compound once in a month, except for monsoons, and water the trees once in every 3 days.

But please don't get me wrong. I will never forget to pay my tributes, and offer flowers, on the tombs of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal. They are true icons of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment